Modification Date: February 27, 2013
Part 1: Information Collection
- We use technologies like cookies (small files stored on your browser), web beacons, or unique device identifiers to identify your computer or device so we can deliver a better experience. Our systems also log information like your browser, operating system and IP address.
- We do not look at, or record any of your names or emails in our database, giving you full control and privacy of your identity.
- We do not intentionally collect personally identifiable information about you for any purposes. We will not sell, distribute, or collect your personal information, or anything that will personally identify you in any way. Middle School Notes does not actively market to children under 13, and we never knowingly ask a child under 13 to divulge personal information.
- If you believe we have inadvertently collected such information, please contact us so we can promptly obtain parental consent or remove the information.
Cookies, Logs, and other technologies
- When you use our Service, our servers automatically record certain log file information, including your web request, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. We may also collect similar information from emails sent to our Users which then help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Service.
- Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you make a request to access (i.e., visit) a web page or app. It can also be provided when the content of the webpage or app is downloaded to your browser or device.
Part 2: Information Distribution
- We will not sell, distribute, or collect your personal information, or anything that will personally identify you in any way to other companies unless it is a third party software
- We use many 3rd party tools to help us with the maintainance of our website and these 3rd party tools are governed with their own privacy policies. If you would like to find out more obout these 3rd party tools, please look at their privacy policies.
- We may share User Content and your information (including but not limited to, information from cookies, log files, device identifiers, location data, and usage data) with businesses that are legally part of the same group of companies that Middle School Notes is part of, or that become part of that group ("Affiliates"). Affiliates may use this information to help provide, understand, and improve the Service (including by providing analytics) and Affiliates' own services (including by providing you with better and more relevant experiences).
- We also may share your information as well as information from tools like cookies, log files, and device identifiers and location data, with third-party organizations that help us provide the Service to you ("Service Providers"). Our Service Providers will be given access to your information as is reasonably necessary to provide the Service under reasonable confidentiality terms.
- We may also share certain information such as cookie data with third-party advertising partners. This information would allow third-party ad networks to, among other things, deliver targeted advertisements that they believe will be of most interest to you.
Part 3: Extras
- If you have any questions or concerns about our privacy policies, please contact us by email at email@example.com
- We take reasonable steps to secure your personally identifiable information against unauthorized access or disclosure. We encrypt transmission of data on pages where you provide personally identifiable information. However, no security or encryption method can be guaranteed to protect information from hackers or human error.
- We use many third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your device or our Service, including the web pages you visit, add-ons, and other information that assists us in improving the Service. We collect and use this analytics information with analytics information from other Users so that it cannot reasonably be used to identify any particular individual User.
- To operate the service, we also may make identifiable and anonymous information available to third parties in these limited circumstances: (1) with your express consent, (2) when we have a good faith belief it is required by law, (3) when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to protect our rights or property, or (4) to any successor or purchaser in a merger, acquisition, liquidation, dissolution or sale of assets. Your consent will not be required for disclosure in these cases, but we will attempt to notify you, to the extent permitted by law to do so.