- adept - Highly skilled; expert.
- audible - Capable of being heard.
- azure - The blue color of a cloudless sky.
- banter - To exchange playful, teasing remarks.
- capacious - Able to hold a large amount; roomy.
- copious - Large in quantity; abundant.
- crucial - Extremely important; vital in resolving something.
- decelerate - To slow down or to cause to slow down.
- deploy - To arrange troops or equipment in position for battle. To put into use.
- facilitate - To make easier.
- fastidious - Paying close attention to detail. Difficult to please.
- fitful - Not steady; irregular.
- grapple - To struggle with in close combat; to wrestle. To come to grips with. An iron shaft with a claw for grasping and holding things.
- pang - A sudden sharp feeling of pain or distress.
- precede - To go or come before in time, rank, or position.
How to cite this note (MLA)
Shah, Shalin. "" MiddleSchoolNotes.org. MiddleSchoolNotes, Inc., 10 Jan. 2013. Web. <http://middleschoolnotes.org/english/vocab/lesson8.php>.