- claustrophobia - An abnormal fear of narrow, enclosed spaces.
- colleague - An associate or coworker of similar status.
- condescend - To lower oneself to a position one considers inferior.
- contingent - Conditional; depending on something else.
- daunt - To discourage or intimidate.
- deluge - A downpour of rain; a flood.
- dispel - To clear away; to remove or get rid of, as if by scattering.
- dub - To give a title, nickname, or description to.
- fanfare - A sounding of trumpets or other brass instruments.
- fledgling - A young bird just learning to fly. A young and inexperienced person.
- inane - Empty; shallow or silly.
- mettle - Courage to bear up under difficult circumstances; spirit.
- negligible - Small and unimportant, not worth noticing.
- protract - To draw out or lengthen (in time).
- replica - A copy or reproduction, especially one on a smaller scale than the original.
How to cite this note (MLA)
Shah, Shalin. "" MiddleSchoolNotes.org. MiddleSchoolNotes, Inc., 10 Jan. 2013. Web. <http://middleschoolnotes.org/english/vocab/lesson7.php>.