- anarchy - Total absence of government.
- apprehend - To seize; to arrest.
- arraign - To bring before a court to face charges.
- assimilate - To absorb into a population.
- bizarre - Strikingly out of the ordinary; peculiar.
- calamity - An event that causes great suffering and harm; a disaster.
- conspire - To plan together secretly to do something wrong or illegal.
- dissension - A difference of opinion; disagreement.
- elapse - To pass or slip by (used with time).
- imminent - About to happen; likely to occur in the very near future.
- interrogate - To ask questions of, especially in a thorough or formal manner.
- lionize - To treat as a celebrity.
- meticulous - Extremely careful; attentive to small details.
- shackle - A ring or band put around the arm or leg to prevent free movement.
- swelter - To suffer from or to be overcome by great heat.
How to cite this note (MLA)
Shah, Shalin. "" MiddleSchoolNotes.org. MiddleSchoolNotes, Inc., 10 Jan. 2013. Web. <http://middleschoolnotes.org/english/vocab/lesson6.php>.