- anonymous - Of an unknown source or unrevealed name.
- anthology - A collection of various writings, such as songs, stories, or poems.
- conjecture - A conclusion based on guesswork or insufficient evidence.
- disposition - A person’s usual mood; temperament.
- encompass - To enclose or encircle.
- extricate - To free from a difficult or tangled situation.
- generation - One step in the line of descent of a family.
- guile - Cunning or deceit in dealing with others; trickery.
- imperative - Urgent; pressing.
- instill or instil - To introduce gradually in order to establish securely.
- modify - To make less extreme or severe.
- pivot - A small bar or rod on which something else turns.
- prevalent - Commonly occurring; widely accepted or practiced.
- recur - To come up again or to happen again.
- spontaneous - Voluntary and unplanned.
How to cite this note (MLA)
Shah, Shalin. "" MiddleSchoolNotes.org. MiddleSchoolNotes, Inc., 10 Jan. 2013. Web. <http://middleschoolnotes.org/english/vocab/lesson3.php>.