- abrasion - A wearing away or rubbing away by friction.
- clad - Clothed or covered.
- corroborate - To provide evidence to make more certain; to confirm.
- cursory - Done in a hurry and with little attention to detail.
- dehydrate - To become dry; to lose water from.
- derive - To take or receive from a source.
- electrify - To wire or equip with electric power.
- endeavor - To attempt earnestly.
- gingerly - Cautious; very careful.
- grimace - To make a face expressing feelings of pain, disgust, or contempt.
- gruesome - Causing shock or horror.
- inventory - A list of possessions or goods on hand.
- simulate - To take on the qualities of another; to imitate.
- succumb - To give up or give in to; to yield.
- surmise - To suppose something without sufficient evidence.
How to cite this note (MLA)
Shah, Shalin. "" MiddleSchoolNotes.org. MiddleSchoolNotes, Inc., 10 Jan. 2013. Web. <http://middleschoolnotes.org/english/vocab/lesson2.php>.