- accede - (verb) To agree to; to consent to, often after urging from another.
- affluent - (adjective) Generously supplied with money or possessions; wealthy.
- arbitrary- (adjective) Determined by chance or whim rather than by reason or necessity.
- artisan - (noun) One able to do skilled work with the hands; a craftsperson.
- dismantle - (verb) To take apart.
- immerse - 1. (verb) To cover with liquid.
- 2. (verb) To completely engage the attention of.
- irksome - (adjective) Annoying; tedious.
- legacy - 1. (noun) Money or property left to another in a will.
- 2. (noun) Something passed on to those who come after.
- ostentatious - (adjective) Extravagantly showy or ornate.
- panorama - 1. (noun) A complete view of a surrounding area.
- 2. (noun) A thorough presentation of a subject.
- philanthropy- (noun) The attempt to improve the well-being of those in need by donating money or aid.
- prestige - (noun) High standing; respect earned by accomplishments.
- prolific - (adjective) Abundantly productive.
- reticent- (adjective) Inclined to keep one’s thoughts and feelings to oneself; quiet and reserved.
- tycoon - (noun) A wealthy and powerful businessperson.
How to cite this note (MLA)
Shah, Shalin. "" MiddleSchoolNotes.org. MiddleSchoolNotes, Inc., 10 Jan. 2013. Web. <http://middleschoolnotes.org/english/vocab/lesson12.php>.