- avid - Having a strong desire for, to the point of greed.
- brusque - Abrupt in manner or speech; gruff.
- concise - Short and to the point.
- demean - To cause a lowering of self-esteem; to lower in reputation or character.
- despicable - Deserving contempt or scorn.
- emulate - To try to equal; to imitate.
- evoke - To call forth; to produce.
- excruciating - Very painful.
- inaugurate - To install in office with a formal ceremony.
- pervade - To spread throughout.
- proprietor - An owner of a store or other business.
- pseudonym - A fictitious name used by an author; a pen name.
- rebuff - To reject bluntly.
- resilient - Capable of recovering quickly from misfortune.
- turbulent - Chaotic; unruly. Stormy; tempestuous.
How to cite this note (MLA)
Shah, Shalin. "" MiddleSchoolNotes.org. MiddleSchoolNotes, Inc., 10 Jan. 2013. Web. <http://middleschoolnotes.org/english/vocab/lesson1.php>.